April 29, 2013

10 months !

    I'm back back back!! "10 months", is my title because that is the age of my son - Ah,  my beloved son. Who is at this minute crawling around my feet. It's been so bizarre when I think about the time and where it has all gone. Sure flies by though, especially when you have so much to do. I've been so blessed to have all this time with him to see him develop into a soon- to- be toddler. There is just an unexplainable sense of contentment in being a mum, a parent. So life is very fulfilling and it's just rather odd I´ve chosen to restart my blog today, I've been nana-less for over a week and I have my little one on the loose! but you know... he's a sweety and very independent and... I could go on and on about him which I won´t bore you with today.
 As he is my treasure and your treasure may lie elsewhere.

    However, I would like to honour a dear friend of mine who has left Chile after 3 years. We built an amazing friendship here and she has somewhat brought me through my pregnancy and these 10 months. The beautiful Geraldine Chin. Oh, what a gem. Of course the ever so sweet Anya, her 2.5 year old daughter; in which, I somehow think of them as a unit - all at the same time. Anya is Gerry, Gerry is Anya. I know, you're thinking, what the heck right? Don't ask me to elaborate.

    People come in and out of my life here in Santiago and it is really important to broaden friendships as a dear friend of mine  kindly reminded me just the other day.  In saying that,  I do not regret spending an excessive amount of time and wanting to know her every move these last few months, to see if I could perhaps squeeze a coffee in there somehow. All in all, my relationship with Gerry has given me a new sense of respect and perspective of life.  Such as matters of time and what is precious and worth a bit of splurge and then simple things on how to just let go and enjoy life a bit more. This was re-enforced to me on our last day spent together, a late Friday evening as I was in her living room with the kids ( amused at Anya as usual as she related to Luis Andres some story that was lingering on her creative mind and needed to be released ), as I glanced toward Gerry at her dining table casually sipping on wine ( at 1600hrs) and chatting to her Japanese group of friends she was with.   Coming back to "my letting go" is as simple as this.  I have finally left my bed undone after years of getting up and doing my bed. With Luis still in it and Luis out of it. Ha ha I'm obsessive like that.  Funny, Crazy,  which ever way you choose to view me.  At Gerry's on that fine evening, I finally had a tour of her apartment and entered her master bedroom and went ,"well see ....you too make your bed"! Gerry replied "oh, I learnt that from you! Ah, simple things like that.
We are friends like that.  Little do we know how much we feed off each other.

Gerry is the kind of girl that will just be there for you. Thank you so much for everything; for introducing me to hot baths, the little Asian store a metro away which I was oblivious to and to countless other things like letting my little boy crawl freely around the place without worrying myself silly.  Last but not the least, for reminding me that we somehow always make it through tough times.  That at one stage of our lives,  when I was having my lunch alone and very very new to this country, you were there too in your apartment having lunch by yourself.
So, here's to a lifetime of friendship I'll know we'll have! 
 
        See you in Asia like we talked! ....
One fine day with our kids, with or without our husbands lying down on some beach in Thailand sipping on some cocktail, perhaps a Martini??:) Till then, it's a beautiful beautiful dream.

All the best, my lovely Gerry!

 










No comments:

Post a Comment