January 18, 2012

My Great 2011

How quickly has my first year in Chile flown! There are too many beautiful things I better not forget about 2011: opportunities, friendships and particulars that I guess will forever change within me. So I've made this list (in no particular order). It's a way better form for me to count my blessings and remember the year in a nicely packed gift box with a big bow which I can pull open and look through when in need. The profound thing I learnt was that, as different as a place or how distinct my experiences might be, there is always a possibility of calling a place, "home" where ever that place may be.  This particular notion just makes me happy. Doesn't it make you?
 So here's my list of goodies xx

1.  I have a fantastic mother-in-law that housed us for 9 months.  Not only this year, but every other time I've lived in Chile. She's probably the dream mother-in-law for those that wish you could just disappear everytime you're at your in-laws. Plus, she's so poised and refined!

2. Luis managed to secure his previous job in BAT even after resigning to leave for AsiaPacific and did excellently in his job. He recently got promoted and is enjoying his work. Oh, we scored a new car with it, meaning I get Luis's Terracan :)

3. Traveled to a few countries in Europe : France, Italy, Netherlands and we caught up with our friends from our University and a couple of really good friends. Was awesome and invaluable!

4. We bought a home which we absolutely adore and somehow we're almost done with the furnishing! minus a room which will be done soon enough ;) and also a study area which we are working on.

5. I fulfilled my 2 major quest of being in Chile  for the first year. Firstly, to improve my Spanish, which I'm at a comfortable level now, Oh , I tell you! it's a lot of fun especially in the malls now :) and secondly, I was given the biggest gift of all, I'm pregnant and we are just over-joyed. Baby Unda.. we are waiting to meet you our love.

6. My parents visited us for the first time in Chile and we traveled all around the country. We covered the spectacular bits - The north, Atacama dessert the driest in the world and the South of Chile, Torres de Paine among the other Southern attractions that we saw - was high up there on the highlights ( a week before it got ablaze!) and also brought them to our close- to-the- heart Valparaiso as our Christmas gift to them.

7. I gotta love my father-in-law! What a great Christmas present for my parents, Luis and I for our trip to the South of Chile was a gift from him. Aside from that, he is also the dream father-in-law. I wait to see him in the weekends.

8. I found an excellent Pilates' studio to attend. I'm so thankful my pregnancy is going well and I  can continue it.

9. There are many more Asian shops around Chile and authentic food is getting more and more accessible now. From Korean to Chinese to Indian. On top of that, I must thank my parents also for sending me a box of goodies from home. It has arrived safely and is waiting for my hunger pangs to strike!

10. My mum was able to stay a month longer with me now, and is returning to Chile again for my birth. Thank you God for great flights! Emirates had a never before offer just a week back.

11. I have a great groups of ladies as friends here in Chile. Both socially and spiritually.

12. My Brother and Sister-in- law are great friends.

13. My Chilean Permanent Residence is well on its way after only a year of living in Chile and that also means I'm one step closer to securing my Chilean drivers licence.

14. Even though I have friends walking-in and out of my life (physically) God  has always put great people around me and at the same time have taught me to let go of some which I have done! Why waste time.

15. I have a great gynaecologist who speaks English too! Well delicate matters need to be handled well I guess! ;)

16. Thank God Thank God Thank God for our new maid!! She's God sent. She does everything that you would normally wish you wouldn't have to ask your maid to do. Even the scum that hides in hard to reach areas in the bath tub. God only knows, with my ever growing stomach,  I'll just fall over trying to clean it. Plus I'm obsessive about cleaning! Jenny definitely brings back some sanity in my life.

17. I have a wonderful husband that I can laugh with and be proud of. That still makes me feel like there is no one else in the world, when he looks at me and makes my heart flutter when I see him.

18. I have had such a wonderful pregnancy that I'm starting to really embrace the idea of  having 3 kids.

19. I managed to learn a few photography tips from a really good friend and I'm really enjoying it.

20. Luis & I found our little favourite escape spot and it's here in Chile

 Oh, I'm just glad I doubled my list this year effortlessly! Happy New Year's all.
Enjoy life and you'll truly live  xx


Fabulous pork ribs & beef for dinner
We got to appreciate the fireworks from the terrace of our apartmenet- the whole 20 minutes without having to fight for the best spot!

My 31st Birthday Dinner with Family. Mum cooked her Macaroni dish & Luis a Red Sauced Pasta- was divine
Luis took me for a more intimate birthday dinner at the newest Korean BBQ restauramt in Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment