November 9, 2011

Vichuquen

Columbus's Day happened to fall on a Monday; and that mostly means - where do we head to?  We didn't have to think too much as our friends, Mari and Mika invited us to their lake house in picturesque Vichuquen with another couple. It was a real treat for us. The most memorable was waking up to the still and magnificent view of the lake while having our breakfast.  They really spoilt us rotten. Imagine...
we woke up to find the whole deal. Even waffles I tell you!
Some people are nice. 
 Others are just wonderful.

It was an extremely good rest away from Santiago at their cabin like wonder of a place. It takes just under 5 hours towards the South of Santiago by land. Really helps to have a fourwheel for matters of shakiness and dizziness, I rather not remember.  By day, we had  nice speedboat trips around the lake, where the brave ones and I must admit talented ones, enjoyed their bouts of water-skiing, by afternoon, the grill gets started off and by night, we enjoyed chit-chats by the fireplace. The nights were sealed with nice cosy dinners and the many clicks of wine glasses.

Chile has not failed to surprise me. I'm blessed to have opportunies like this. Actually it seems surreal that I have been living here for over a year now.  Seems like, the best way to live, is to really seize opportunities to see and learn more. Really looking forward to our family trip around Chile soon and of course mom's cooking again! This time,  in my very own kitchen which I adore.
Oh, my parents would be here so very soon!
How brilliant :)
Mika has represented Chile several times in the Olympics for Skiing!
Luis kept Noah quiet by bribing him with some juice, it worked! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment