August 18, 2011

Perfection in Time

I'm a strong believer that ultimate satisfaction comes only after a seriously long wait. I do mean a really long wait.  I'm sure I wouldn't have felt the same way opening the doors to our home, if I was expecting it at a specific date and actually received it.  After 9 months of staying at my mother-in-laws' (yeah I know, but she's neat though), we have moved into our very own first owned home.  I was so pumped up with adrenaline, when Luis abandoned  okay rather dropped me off at our home that first Friday in anticipation of our things. I went ballistic and unpacked everything and  honestly was sick by that night. Hindsight , it was kinda funny.  I was SO looking forward to spending our first night at our home, nevermind a bit of emptiness, but really when we went back to get more stuff from Luis's mums',  I just couldn't get out of bed.  I had a temperature and was paralyzed from pure tiredness!
SO, we had to spend another day there! ha ha
 Maybe too much excitement isn't too good.  Nah, actually it is always good. No regrets ! :)

Everything is almost furnished now and we're enjoying our second week with our stuff. There's so much space. I caught myself spending most of the first week in the kitchen staring randomly to the Andes and now I'm mostly in the living room.  I do spend a lot of time staring at the view, but I can't help but get distracted by our curtains which turned out to be a Salmon colour with this dirty poo-ish brown. What horror!  but nevermind, I'll wait patiently for our cream, deep chocolate ones to arrive - the right ones. Perfection in time has dominated my life. Even if it's just curtains and seem trivial, it will be perfect.  Bedroom wise, I´m loving our king size bed and the pretty pillows on it ( I have since moved on from my lady bug phase, I use to have these giant sized lady bugs on my bed).  Luis faithfully throws every pillow on the floor mostly to the other side of the room before he hits the sack. However, now that I AM on the other side, the pillows just land on my head! Oh, the comforts of the King Bed when no one hits you. Big picture Marsh, big picture - it's okay being hit on the head once in a while when someone has just bought you a house ! no? I do get shaken by it, I awake in shock and all, but then I´m like - this is really real! We do own it together, but I like to think of it as a huge present wrapped up nicely with a bow. It certainly feels like it !

More significantly - furniture talk.  There are plenty of choices and accessible retail stores nation wide, even an IKEA wannabee here in Santiago.  We, (being us) got a lot of our stuff costumed made at  LA GARGOLA.  For the same price or for only a fraction more , we managed to get better quality things and perfectly designed to our taste. Patience is definitely a necessity in the equation though and of course an important factor to consider. It takes around a month to get the final product, but it's so worth the wait.  So, here's the link. http://www.lagargola.cl for those that are in the bliss phase of furnishing.  It's basically a family business - they are a couple of creative brothers. They also have furniture for sale and now they have extended the space to include local designers. I have found my favourite Chilean designer too in the process. I'm even starting to have my very own mini collection of ("La Coliflor").  Will post a photo if I do catch myself wearing one of the pieces one of these days or if I'm simply in a posing mode, then it might be on site a wee bit earlier ;)

Ah, I must add that  I bought a belt of satin make, at the last designers do at La Gargola. Since then, ( around 3 weeks back) I have been fixated on getting a dress to go with it.  I had the perfect dress tailored in my mind, and after much dreaming, not hunting, I found the dress yesterday (such luck!).  So I'm all set for September's big event in France! and.... what do I know - Luis was thinking up the perfect tie for the event too and we'll eventually match.  Who knew his thoughts would be about clothes too, with all that's been happening around us. Luis? Clothes? Never :)  Luis's closet is bigger than mine! Honestly, physically it is.
Finally, we have had such a random winter. Luis just mentioned yesterday, how we probably won't make it to the ski fields this year. I was already beginning to swap around my clothes in anticipation of spring .  Today however as we were wrapping up at Pilates, ( the studio, has a fantastic view of the street where we see the ever beautiful cherry blossoms when weather permits) it started to snow ! It snowed for 4 hours  and the view was just incredible from our apartment.  God is marvelous that way; and reminds us how HE is the Master of all creations and with time, he makes all things beautiful.
This is just icing on the cake for us after moving in - such a sight.
 What a gift. It hasn't snowed in the city of Santiago for years now. I felt like a little kid -giddy with excitement. I remember mom's story about how she felt when we were in Manchester and she was alone (dad at Uni and us at school) and saw snow for the first time. I feel in a way, such joy.
Our lives parallel, but a generation apart.

 I'm sitting in our dining room, listening to the snow and
 enjoying a magnificent white canvas of houses and trees as the snow settles. Today will most certainly show tomorrow, and I'm just waiting to wake up to that!

View from our living room
Last Saturday in celebration of our 3rd wedding Anniversary@ Anakena, Hyatt









No comments:

Post a Comment