June 10, 2011

Nasi Lemak vs Lasagna

I was in the midst of thinking up a recipe for the next AFF ( Asian Food and friends) luncheon when I stumbled...but gloriously upon the, "Rasa Malaysia" website.  My lingering thoughts of the most delicious lasagna which actually lived up to the ones I had in Italy (even that particular wholemeal one), was wiped out completely by the one and only - Nasi Lemak
(Malaysia's National Dish) in all its splendor beautifully photographed and its recipe detailed on the site . Oh, I'm craving Nasi Lemak. It seems, all I'll need now is to get my hands on some belacan (shrimp paste) and anchovies.  I should be set then ( Gee, if only it was that easy). I don't even want to think about the screwpine for the coconut rice ! Anyways, things do look brighter as of today.  A little birdie told me someone has belacan . So hopefully I'll be able to surprise my Luis & myself with a nice Malaysian meal. Back to lasagna. So Esperanza got the men together finally to mingle and boy did we have a great sophisticated dinner and on top of that, had a bit of Colombian- booty- shaking to end the night on a high note! 
 Ah, I love these people :) These are the kind of friends you just want to tell the world about xx

The ladies' chilling, chatting & laughing spot



The men, having a drink and being a bit more serious



Esperanza & Randy

Anke & Frans

Rocio & Fred

Deisy & Rafael

Silvia & Ricardo


Us :)


My beautiful and lovely fellow Malaysian friend,  Nat ...who will totally understand the whole Nasi Lemak craving phase I'm going through !:)

No comments:

Post a Comment