January 31, 2014

Hello 2014

The year has really started off so nicely! Although it was rather tough trying to settle in and adjust to routine after such an amazing holiday - what a dream come true , a whole month with my family in NZ! It was just pure joy to see my parents and my gorgeous LA bond, to attend my sister´s wedding, meet my oh- so- cool new brother -in- law and see my varsity and high school mates after a good 8 years! Oh, it was all too much of a good thing.
Thank you, thank you, thank you Lord. What would life be without you?

We touched down in Santiago on the 4th of Jan 2014-  horribly jet- lagged but feeling so blessed, it was so nice to be back home too, back to our lovely refuge.
So all this has made me stop and conclude that -
  I´m done looking back and then feeling grateful.
I'm hoping to cherish this year, my life, my good good life.
 
 The question is, how can I seize each day and what can I already be so grateful about?
 (Thinking cap on )

1. Make my son laugh and just enjoy him  - I really haven't laughed so much in my life,  so I attempt to make him as happy as he makes me. What could be more of a blessing than children?
2. To continue to clear out my closet and give things away! My "OC'ness" is really helping in this area.
3. To cherish my Luis. This man, where do I start? I'm just blessed. Such a beautiful person inside out. 11 years...it's been 11 years and I'm still smitten.
4. I love my home. It's just a great representation of us. I also enjoy our daydream talks of our future home.
5. To know an unimaginable dimension of love that my son has given me.
6. For such amazing friends! I smile at this and it makes me so content because I really do have such friends that would do anything for me. "Really love people that love you"
7. For my new career path that I'm embarking on. Such excitement.
8. For being in Chile now - who knew that I'll never ever ever wanna move again because this is just perfect! Now travel is a different story - I'm always thirsty for more.
9. For the ability to eat and eat and not put on weight ( at least for now) oh, how I enjoy my food! Credit goes to my Pilates teacher though. (Luis keeps mentioning he needs to send him a gift ! ha )
10. To spend more time with God.
11. To not whinge.
12. To not be too OC even though it brings such joy to see my home spotless.
13. My family is scattered, miles away,  but  I do not miss them in a painful kinda way because of such technology. Oh, how things have change - I remember speaking to mom only once a week in highschool! Look how lucky we are now? it's basically constant! Makes me so grateful.
14. My son's loving nature. His cuddles, his kisses and the smiles he gives me.
I live for moments like that.
 (Son, you are so like Daddy in this way)  
15. For a husband that prays.
16. For a son that is kinda OC too !


.....and the list goes on...my hope is that I'll make time to continue this list!

 

LA with Aunty Ness ( @ Aunty Dance) & Uncle Alex ( @ leg slightly raised)
 The brackets represent how LA remembers them, a bit of family humor here

Us at my 33rd birthday - at one of our favourite restaurants called HANZO in Santiago.
Thanks for always making me feel special, my handsome Luis.
My Parents enjoying LA during their 37th wedding Anniversary.

1 comment:

  1. Really lovely to see these family photos. I can see the look of tremendous joy on your parents faces with LA. Grandparenthood really agrees well with them!

    ReplyDelete