October 24, 2013

My light, my heart.

It's so nice to feel so put together.  Not physically like in a nice bright top that makes you pop kind of  beauty, but mentally. I spent a good amount of time today with my son and with some very good friends and I'm just bursting with love. I think to myself, there is really not much time to love the people we are really meant to love. Time to sip on tea and laugh the afternoon away, to discuss engaging books or just to sit and enjoy the sunset. True friends. They are precious and not many. The pressures of society haunt me though as I play out my thoughts. You know, "the face" we need to put on to please everyone in sight and to fear rather than to respect authority, to conform rather then to voice out.  I remember spending my younger days in much silence as I didn't really see the point in voicing out when some people really aren't worth the effort.
  I guess in a way, that is how I guarded my heart.

 I grew up in a highly disciplined environment which in a way didn't make it hard for me. It suited my personally, my true friends know me and I thank God for giving me the greatest friends.
 How do you guard your heart?
 
So, I was thinking about all of this today and a bible verse really hit a nerve from Joyce Meyer's teachings.
It says..
 We need to guard our own hearts.  Guard our hearts, Guard our hearts.
We are the masters of our heart. Don't let those voices haunt you.

Proverbs 4:23 " Keep vigilant watch over your heart;  that's where life starts"
Think about that. It's a strong message. It´s an easy message

No comments:

Post a Comment