July 22, 2013

Valparaiso and stuff

Again?  I know right, but you do realize we really love this place?  We had such an amazing break this past long weekend that I had to share the hotel and of course the places that we dined at. We stayed at the Boutique Hotel 17. Would I recommend it? Let me first re-cap. Well, it had its serious perks - one being the bay view room.  Equiped with its own generous terrace which opens out from the room. It is generally accesible to public, but blocked when there are guest.  It was just brilliant getting up to a breathtaking sea view. The hotel also has a fully functional common kitchenette set in the midst of a mini apartment setting which made things easy for the storing and the heating of LA's food. Then the feeding in the comfy brightly decorated sofa area, makes one feel so at home with the tv and such.  The staff was also really accommodating and offered to help out in this area. Secondly, massages are generally unheard of especially in the first year of your baby's life especially on holiday. This hotel provided this service so Luis and I took turns looking after the baby while the other got pampered! Something's gotta give . Pure bliss. Luis actually was so relaxed that he slept past his hour and was abandoned by the masseuse. Aside from the massage, there is a sauna and a hydromassage facility that can be accessed during the stay.

Food food food. Luis and I love food. We usually try different places, but this time we had to go back to Samsara. Again. Why? Cos it never fails. This restaurants wins hands down for the best Thai food in Chile. We didn't take photos this time, but if you search my blog there is an earlier entry on the restaurant and the Red curry that I had.  One word - contentment-  just the right amount of spice and consistency. Luis had the Solomillo again after not being overly thrilled about the last fish dish. Obvious choice to return to, as it's just one of those dishes which gets you salivating just thinking about it. From our previous little chat to the chef, we discovered something like a total of 3 days to  prepare this delicate dish. A definite must-try people!

A must mention this time is how special we were made to feel and the first class treatment we received by the hotel with its combined efforts with the renowned restaurant next to it - La Concepcion. With a baby traveling and without a babysitter, there is almost a 0 chance of having a romantic dinner unless room service counts. We were so blessed to have food delivered to our private terrace so we had a 3 course dinner with our own waiter.  Normally, one would have had to have paid a ton for this and not forgetting the added prep time! We are blessed.

We do love each other abundantly and it pains us when we don't have enough time together.  We are best friends in its entirety. This dinner was perfect.  Short getaways are always nourishing for us and I do believe we have angels looking out for us. Things just seem to come together.  The next challenge would have to be an overnight stay and the leaving of little LA in the care of Granny Chile. It's not something I would do in a blink of an eye but after numerous conversations with Luis about it ( sobbing to the discussions of it..) I do agree that it would be a healthy thing to do. Our relationship and its nurturing is essential in the bringing up of our son. So the challenge is on.
The challenge to let LA grow up as independently as possible but bursting with love;  knowing that we'll be gone for a while but we'll be back.

A very good friend of mine said to me once that I should try not to leave the things that make us a couple, besides she said, the baby is an addition to the family. Thus, the baby should fit in. I really believe in this. Happiness is delivered from the parents down. So happy parents first promotes a happy child and hopefully a happy family.  I see parents who think that they have given up everything for their kids and use this as though their kids owe them something in return and thus the cycle of, "after all I've done" begin and never end.  I don't agree in this form of parenting and it really tires me to hear parents complaining about their kids.  At least if you must, say 5 things that compliment before the 1 complain.
On the flip side,  doing things out of love because love means not wanting anything in return first brings another form of reaction and zero resentment from either side. 

Do you ever think about what kind of parent you would like to be? Like to be perceived as? This is at the forefront of my mind. I am always willing to learn from happy families for it is such a joy to be around them.  I think about how I would of liked to have been brought up if I had the chance to re-live my childhood days again. Not that I didn't have a good one , don't get me wrong. But there is always room for improvement. I think even if you ask me down the road if I could have been a better mom, I'm pretty sure I would say yes. This helps me everytime I'm around my little boy, to look at him with love even when I'm so tired and not in the best frame of mind.  Even though all this might sound self-righteous,  I do believe if we don't try..how can we improve. Right?
So, It's an everyday thing. One step at a time.

I'm glad I waited and really knew Luis before I had a child. Everything seems more manageable and easy. Without a strong foundation it's impossible to bring up a happy kid. So, I'm I thinking of more kids? Yes, but in time.. as kids need love and love can only be given when you have the time, energy and the support even financially speaking and most importantly,
you are at whole with yourself to deal with all the physical and mental changes that come inevitably. 
Plus, at 1 plus,  little LA is just too much of fun! to have to miss out on his little antics would be a sacrifice I am not willing to give up just yet!

Thus, I choose to wait,  I'll will patiently and the angels will guide me, us.. as they have always done. Oh, and yes, I would recommend the Hotel!
Wouldn't you?



Room with a view

Us

My loves of my life


No comments:

Post a Comment