June 28, 2013

Thoughts and A New Month

This new year was somewhat a new milestone for me in the way I live my life. Since having my son, I realized that I've felt such a huge sense of purpose in trying to do something right for someone else rather than myself. It got me thinking about simple things in my daily life. Thoughts of "what if ?" cloud my mind and is subdued by prayers. Below are the things I think about very so often now, things I've figured out and the way I'm trying to live my life.

1. Who would look after my son if Luis and I passed suddenly? Who has given me such love and security in  my life which surpasses even money? This question I have answered today. I'm glad I know.

2. I no longer think about my needs and wants anymore. This is such a great feeling. There is something so beautiful about living with a lot less. I have a huge desire to get rid of things which is leaving my home a lot more spacious especially my closet.

3. I say no to free stuff now. Trust me you get funny looks! :)

4. I try to do something nice for someone per week.  Today I let the car behind me take the park right in front of the supermarket. I found one 2 rounds later.

5. I think about how I might work again here in Chile, my true passion I think has surfaced and it brings a smile to my face.

6.  How I am truly happy and passionate about my marriage. It brings a smile to my face.

7.  It is important to try to keep calm and together in any situation. Strength comes from God.

8.  I vow to support my son in all ways. In his choices in life, in his occupation. As long as it's not harmful to anyone of course. 

9.  I remember the pains of growing up too quick. Also, in a way how that turned out to be my greatest gift

10. I know that if other peoples' concerns predominant my mind,  I'm not being true to myself.

11. I rather be honest and be hated than be fake.

12. I used to be very quiet, but now I know to speak to those that hear me and I'm blessed as I have great great people in my life

13. That children are the greatest gift from God if you realize it. I haven't laughed so much in my life. I catch myself starring at my son very so often.

14. I think about my lost cook book. Now where is it?

15. How I may use my clothes differently to save money.

16. To learn to say no to people. To not say only what people want to hear. To tell people things honestly if they ask, sometimes I just tell. True friends appreciate things like that.

17.  How to live a healthier life,  think about the meals we have at home. I don't spend more than an hour in the kitchen preparing them, but I hope I'll always prepare them with love.

18.  How difficult my Nana's life is with a 8 month old and how I could help her.

19.  How important is it to have a few hours in the week for myself. Simple thing like a hot cup of coffee and a slice of cake is therapeutical.

20. Who I haven't kept in touch for a while now, and people I must write to.

21. How food scared me at one stage of my life, and how I love to eat now but at the same time how much I respect my body to maintain it and work at it.

22. How nice it is to be in a warm home while it is raining outside. It was a trying time - to be "house-less" at times to be living with "friends"

23. I think twice before I complain.

24. Jesus all the time. I sing little hymns to my son and most of the time it calms him.

25. People that are nice. Don't they just radiate? I have a few friends like that. It's marvelous.

26. How parents are responsible for their children - good and bad. How much good they have done is always overshadowed by the hurt they have imparted upon their children. 

27. My glass of  red wine that my Luis never fails to offer me at the end of the day when we're relaxing after LA is in bed.

28. My Friday nights with Luis.

29. Names of my future kids. 

30. My grandfather.



No comments:

Post a Comment