June 18, 2013

Surprises

Don't you all love a good surprise? I'm one that likes them most of the time. I prefer things nice,  orderly and thus like to get things done with a lot of planning. My son is 1! Time has flown! As I look back on the year, how can I claim that I don't like surprises. He has certainly surprised me in so many ways and has taught me to live life a lot more spontaneously. It's very hard to try to fight that. Believe me, I have tried to work around looking after my son and trying to get things done as per usual.. you know how it used to be - nap when tired, grab a new book, spontaneously try a new recipe, take random walks, draw a bath and the big one - sleep in..oh,  how Luis and I miss that. To be honest though, we have nothing to complain,  we are so blessed.  LA follows such a good routine and sticks to it and that in itself has given us both some sanity.  He started sleeping in his own room at 2.5 months. I respected his needs then as a baby and now as a toddler making this new life as a mom very enjoyable.
He has taught me to be selfless, which I think is essential in today

 - you can't reap the benefits of life if you just take, take and take. Have you tried clearing out your closet and giving your unused clothed away? One word. LIBERATING.

Anyhow, these are the 10 things my little one has surprised me with up to this year:

1. He comes and gives me kisses, even when I ask for one randomly and repeatedly throughout the day.
2. He no longer nibbles on my phone but now passes my phone to me when it sounds. I know right? Happened once last week and I was in total shock convincing myself of course that he is indeed a genious.
3. He is such a good story teller and is always jabbering
4. He crawled to the door when Luis arrived from work one day. He brightens up in delights as soon as he hears the door, without fail.
5. He is SO independent.  He can entertain himself for hours with his toys, but I must admit he loves it when Daddy or Mummy is around. Even now he has been in his playroom for over 30 minutes as I scribble away here.
6. He hardly cries.  Luis and I freak out when he does and think to ourselves - something is really wrong!
7. He has really regular stools. ( Honestly -  0900, 1300 and 1700 hrs is a sure thing! ) Anything in between really depends on the diet. Don't you all love a good poo?  Oh, he's like a little person really only follows the routine in the comfort of his own home. If we're out for lunch, he will wait till we get back. Cool huh? LOVE him.
8. He loves Baby TV and certain ones, you know like we love our shows
9. He slept in the water during all his swimming lessons at 5 months,  yes amidst all the noise and kids kicking and screaming. I guess the water was calming.
10. He eats whatever I feed him! and I'm super cautious about his diet. Healthy steamed home cooked food - up to now, no salt, no added sugar as per Dr's orders . Oh, but he did enjoy his 1 year old birthday cake - a  very normal ( minus the brandy and coffee) family recipe of chocolate cake!! He is free now to eat anything, .

                     Slowly letting go ...it's so so tough. 
I know I have issues people which I can smile about now or rather with you :)

Isn't he lovely? :) I melt every time I'm with him and that's almost every moment of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment