June 4, 2013

Desk excitement!

I don´t think I´ve ever been so happy about sitting at a desk. Although, this is so different . It´s at my very own home at its designated space that has been left empty for almost 2.5 years since we moved in. Oh, you know it´s nothing spectacular but it´s functional. Luis and I concluded - it´s no where as perfect as what we envisioned, but it´s ours, it´s in our own space and that means our home is one step closer to completion. Thoughts about possible relocation for once saddens us, just for a minute. However, we both went to bed smiling, after admiring our home as our gorgeous baby boy now at almost 1 year slept in his beautiful room we designed together.
 
This post today will be about what I've learnt since motherhood.  At present, I´m feeling much more in order you know sitting at a desk and all.  So, I thought I'll better jot down the 5 most important things I have discovered about travelling with a baby below 1 year. Hope this helps you anxious travel moms.  Luis and I just got home not long ago from our first international trip with our 11 month old  son,  Luis Andrés  ( LA) . Thus, the points below are fairly fresh.
 
1. Travel lite. A small sling bag will do. In mine. Wallet, a lipstick ( it's nice to try to look presentable), contact lenses, ( nothing worst than a blind mom),  mirror,
documents, rinse free alcohol.
  Hands free mobility is so essential
 
2. Baby's bag. Diapers ! Estimate please. No need to prepare for diarrhea. Wet wipes, a changing mat,  a change of clothes, for baby and you. 1-2 toys only. Seriously, babies will find things on board to entertain themselves with. Milk, water or juice for take off and landing. Even better for those that breastfeed, one less thing to worry about.  (I'll pat myself on the back for those 7 months  I did though, did I mention 7 months? )
 
3. Food. All that worry, why, why, why did I worry so much? See, I have always home cooked LA's food. So the thought of buying processed food really made me feel like crying. So I harassed my paranoid mommy friends too and I received great advice.  Freeze food and ice-pack them then check the food in. Bring the needed meals on board. The liquid rule doesn't apply.  At least for a couple of days, you won't have to worry about food. This worked wonderfully for us!
We had 3 days of meals we didn't have to worry about.  Especially those first few days
 
4. Remember...  ask.  The kitchen of any decent hotel will oblige. Ours went as far as saying they would BBQ the food for LA. You know Argentina and their meat, their,  BBQ's.  Luis said thanks, but boiling will do! Still cracks me up. Isn't that the sweetest thing though. 
 The kitchen almost always have blenders of some sort if needed.
I would bring the spoon that your baby is used to though.
 
 
5. Get a baby sitter service. We were so lucky to have a few romantic nights out as our baby slept away under the care of a reputable baby sitter.
 Advice the hotel on the arrangement and your whereabouts. 

Next My Son's 1st birthday! Still thinking of having kids or not? Well......it's so nice to think and focus on someone else, your life becomes so much more worth living.







No comments:

Post a Comment