January 14, 2020

39 Years

I day-dreamt a lot as a child, of places far and beyond. So I jumped on an opportunity to pack my bags, even so young. Met faces of all sorts, but somewhat different on one bright starry Dunner’s night. A spirited face, from a distant place, spoke to me about amazingly beautiful things the world could show, as books encompassed his world.
And so I studied and worked with remedies, so I could see the world too- we reached a place where no one spoke our common tongue. Again, a voice spoke to me and said that I could do anything, and so I did - I read, wrote, volunteered and even studied photography, to come to realise, I needed to give back somehow. There in, I started teaching kids and adults alike to speak English.
Today, I don’t daydream that much anymore, of things far and beyond - that voice just reminds me to look around and thank my lucky stars





No comments:

Post a Comment